Law enforcement is often the front line that has contact with persons and families dealing with addiction. Frequently the first contact someone who uses opioids has with a system is the law enforcement system.
What law enforcement is doing:
- Manages and disposes of prescription medications located at the following police departments:
– Fond du Lac
– North Fond du Lac
– See the drug drop locations page for a full list.
- Ensure all law enforcement agencies in Fond du Lac County are participants in the Drug Endangered Children Program.
- Some law enforcement agencies now carry narcan, a medication that can reverse an opioid overdose incident.
- Enforces the Good Samaritan Law, that provides protection for an individual that calls in an opioid overdose.