Education – Commitment – Assessment
CSI’s Trauma Informed Care (TIC) Work Group consists of 12 Fond du Lac County community organizations. The mission of the TIC Work Group is to increase education, obtain commitment from community organizations and businesses, and acquire/develop a TIC assessment to be used within Fond du Lac County.
Here is a link to a short clip that outlines the effects of trauma on a community.
TIC Goals and Objectives for 2018-2019:
Goal #1: Increase the education opportunities on trauma-informed care in Fond du Lac County.
- Objective 1.1 – In partnership with the CSI marketing group, create literature on the importance and role of TIC in our community. Materials will be finalized and ready for distribution to community partners by January 1, 2019.
- Objective 1.2 – Provide a minimum of two (2) public, information sessions around trauma-informed care as a culture by March 1, 2019.
- Objective 1.3 – Provide a minimum of two (2) TIC trainings specifically for the organizations who signed the letter of commitment by December 31, 2019.
Goal #2: Obtain community commitment for trauma-informed care services.
- Objective 2.1 – Create a list of county wide, community-based organizations, churches, schools, childcare programs, clinical services and government entities to be recruited to join the TIC movement by November 1, 2018.
- Objective 2.2 – Create a letter of support to be signed by community agencies that provide a commitment to TIC, training, policy updates and distribution of literature by March 1, 2019.
- Objective 2.3 – Distribute and collect letters of commitment from a minimum of 40 community partners by May 1, 2019. (Process for distribution and collection TBD)
Goal #3: Acquire and/or develop a trauma-informed care assessment to be delivered to a variety of community organizations.
- Objective 3.1 – Discuss a potential timeline for public release of the TIC assessment with leadership at United Way of the Fox Valley by December 1, 2018.
- Objective 3.2 – Research other forms of TIC assessments to determine if other templates could serve our needs December 1, 2018.
- Objective 3.3 – Select, evaluate and localize a formal trauma informed care assessment no later than April 1, 2019.
- Objective 3.4 – From May 2019 through December 2019, the TIC assessment will be completed by a minimum of 40 community partners.
For more information or to get involved contact Dan Hebel at firstname.lastname@example.org