There are 3 steps to the screening process:
- Teens complete the screening questionnaire in a private setting
- Once the questionnaire is completed, YScreen staff will review it and discuss the results with the student. The entire process typically takes 15-20 minutes
- Parents/Guardians will be contacted by screening staff ONLY if there are identified concerns based on screening results
Important to Know
- Parent/Guardian permission is required for screening.
- All screening results will be kept confidential, stored separately from academic records, and not shared with school personnel.
- If screening staff believes a child is in danger, or is a danger to others, appropriate personnel and/or authorities will be notified.
YScreen staff are experienced, state licensed counselors and case managers.